Monday, June 24, 2013

Complimentary Color Leaves

Complimentary Color Leaves

This lesson I borrowed from the internet several years ago, and try as I might I can not find where it originated from...too much time has past I suppose.  And for all I can remember, it may not have been a compliment color project.  This was a two day project for us, where we drew out our trees with white oil pastel on day one.  We also picked out the papers for the leaves.  I gave each student a small baggie and they started cutting their leaves.  On day two, we continued to cut leaves, then add the white oil pastel outlining detail to each.  Then, the kids glued their leaves to their paper.  I encouraged leaves to be mixed colors and patterns together and for the leaves to go beyond the borders of the paper.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/