Friday, June 14, 2013

If You're a Monster and You Know It


I love the bold colors of all the books written and illustrated by Rebecca and Ed Emberley.  So, this is a sing along book, and yes...my 3rd graders did sing along.  Ok, so one group thought they were a little too cool for singing along, but the other 4 groups were more than happy to sing, be silly, have fun, and get really loud! Sorry Ms. Gilliam and Ms. Whittington, hopefully it didn't disturb an important lesson. We completed our little monsters in two days.  Day one, we cut out the shape of the monster and started adding details with construction paper.  Day two we added more details and more layers, plus finished up with black sharpie and oil pastel.  Oh, and I received one of the best compliments I think I have ever gotten from a student.  She told me "I am so comfortable right now" (not even looking away from her paper as she was diligently cutting eyes out for her monster), "I feel like I am at home".  I don't know if it gets any better than that!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/