Friday, July 26, 2013

Jeweled Sketch Book

So, I had to blow a thick layer of dust off these babies.  I think these were done about 12 years ago by my 4th and 5th graders.  Most of these are pieces left behind by kids that moved before the year was up.  The kids first used the math manipulative pattern blocks to layout their design.  They traced, then added color with oil pastels.  They were asked to tint and shade to make it look more jewel like. Raffia was used to bind the papers into the sketchbook.  If I do these again, I will make them smaller, they were really big, like 13" by 14", plus they were really thick because of the paper I selected for the outside cover.  So, trying to find space for these was an issue.  Hind sight is always 20/20, right!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/