Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mad Science, Round Two


This is round two of the Karen Kamenzky art project.  Her work starts with silk and cotton that she hand dyes and paints.  Working from sketches of the images she sees under the microscope, Karen hand cuts the pieces and layers them, where she hand and machine stitches, to add line and color.  Our version of the art is done with layers of paper.  The largest piece has at least one cutout that is backed by construction paper.  Then on another piece of paper, students did their detail work with watercolor, and metallic temperas.  We also used sharpie to add line and color, similar to the stitch work in Karen's fiber art.  









2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these are fabulous - gorgeous! I wonder if you can detail the steps/ process you used a little more. What age/grade level students made these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phyl. Yes, I think I will do a post on the instructions, because it has so many layers to it. I will try to get that together. I apologize for not getting back to you. My mom just had surgery and she is still in the hospital, so my attention has been there. Hopefully I can get that together by Friday, Monday at the latest :)

    ReplyDelete

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/