Friday, December 19, 2014

Hot Beverages


For a wintery lesson with my second graders, I decided we would do hot beverages such as coffee, hot cider, or hot cocoa.  I've seen several samples of these on pinterest and fell in love!  All of the samples I have seen were paintings.  I decided that I really didn't want to get into a painting project right before the Christmas break.  As paint projects are a little more unpredictable and I wanted to stick with a 2 day project.  So, I adapted the lesson to be a sharpie outline and colored in with marker. They were free to design their mugs and pick their toppings.

This lesson was a two day art piece.  Day one they did their planning paper and then they were able to move to the final to start the drawing.  Day two they traced with black sharpie, and they colored their images with marker.







No comments:

Post a Comment

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/